Monday 11 April 2016

My Biography


Hello all and welcome to my blog! When I first started this I was 18, taking a Gap year, and just beginning trail running. Since that time I've managed to win Rapid Ascent's U20 trail running series and the Great Alpine Road Half Marathon, and I've managed to grab podium positions in the U20 Victorian Trail Running Championships, the Walhalla Wound Up half marathon, the Brisbane Trail Marathon and the Queensland Mountain Running Championships. I've now completed 3 ultra marathons and have been lucky to compete in races in Europe and Australia.
During the past few years I've had enormous ups and downs, which you can read through on this site. This is one of the reasons why the name of this blog is 'The Trail Running Novice'. I'm constantly learning from my experiences and I think the day I stop learning something new from one of my races is the day I'll leave the sport.
For the most part this blog contains recollections of the races I've run, along a few posts on topics that I cover in my Exercise and Sports Science degree that I think relate to trail running and running in general. So, welcome to my blog! And I hope you enjoy sharing this journey with me!

The TRN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add what you're thinking, let me know you stopped by, etc., and be considerate of others. It'd be great if you could sign your name, of course.