Monday, 11 April 2016

My Biography

Hello all and welcome to my blog. I'll be straightforward with you, this blog is for personal reasons, but in such a way that all my readers find entertaining and informing. But let me back up a couple steps, my name is Daniel Broadbridge, I'm 18 and live Gippsland, Victoria Australia. I'm currently taking a GAP year and heading off to uni next year to study exercise and sport science; which leads to selfish reason number 1. I want to be able look back upon this in 5 years time, 10 years time and see what I was writing and think regarding one of my greatest passions; running, and perhaps a bit more particularly, trail running. I'm only just starting to dip my feet in this latest running craze and I want you to be a part of it. I'm going to be writing and sharing my thoughts about anything and everything regarding this sport once a week, on a Monday, which I'm going to call #magnificentmonday as it's my rest day. However; running isn't the only thing I quite enjoy, it sits alongside SCUBA diving (currently an Advanced Open Water diver) which, if I'm going to write about, will be published on a Sunday, along with travelling, which I would write about on a Tuesday. I also volunteer when I can, so I would write about this and other random stuff on Randsday (ermhmm... I mean Wednesday).
If you've made it this far, thank you;  I'm now about to dive into the nitty-gritty, brace yourselves!
Awww, look how young I look there!
I've been running track and cross country for my school and local athletics club since 2013 and did
reasonably well finishing on the podium multiple times but never actually winning anything. I liked running but not winning sucks, so I started to broaden my horizons a little and found out about the Salomon Trail Running series. So in 2014 I entered the Plenty Gorge race and won my age category, repeating the feat in 2015. Those were the only times I did any sort of trail running (wait.. does Citytrail count?); however this year I've already raced in 2 and won 1, winning Duncan's Run 6km. My goals? Short term, be the overall winner of the HokaOneOne U20 trail running series. Long term, run in the UTMB by age 30, complete the Bob Graham Round in under 24 hours and run in the Ultra Fiord in Patagonia.
2015 Plenty Gorge Winner
In terms of SCUBA diving, I've only recently started, having less then 10 dives to my name, but hope to dive down to 100m, that'd be really cool.
In terms of travelling, here's a list of places I've been. All the US states, all the Canadian provinces, Mexico, England, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Papua New Guniea and most recently the Philippines, where I volunteered with Projects Abroad for 4 weeks. If you want to get a glimpse as to what my writing style is going to be like, here is another one of my blog posts; http://www.mytripblog.org/pg/blog/broady/read/409802/my-journey-in-the-pillipinas

Now if you have happen to be a grammar nazi, you would have noticed that at the beginning of the post I said 'personal reasons' and I've only listed one so far. The second reason is that I want to become sponsored and according to http://www.runnersworld.com/rt-web-exclusive/tips-for-becoming-a-sponsored-trail-runner, a good way to begin is by having a blog. So if any brands are reading this, please sponsor me. 

The TRN

1 comment:

  1. It's actually quite difficult writing about running each week, so I'm only going to have one post a week, mainly about running but occasionally about other things...

    ReplyDelete

Please add what you're thinking, let me know you stopped by, etc., and be considerate of others. It'd be great if you could sign your name, of course.